Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bird House and Resident

This sketch is dedicated to Linda Bethel Wiggs.  She graciously gave me permission to use a photograph from her wildlife friends album she's posted on facebook and I chose this one due to the birdhouse. 

The angle of this hanging bird house was a definite challenge for me as I could use more practice on drawing man-made structures of any kind.  The bottom was the most challenging of all. 

Although room for improvement, I managed to come close, I think, and feel pretty good with the results....flaws and all.

Used a Staedtler Mars 2B and 6B pencil on Cartridge paper. 

This is one occasion in particular I would love to see results using Pastel Pencils.  I think color would have really done this bluebird more justice than graphite.

No comments: