Sunday, February 13, 2011

75 Day Sketch Challenge - Day 17

Here lately I've been doing some studying of birds and anatomy.  I will probably do a few more sketches like this one during the course of the challenge.  Will help me with my bird drawings and future paintings I hope to do.

Considering I can't get close-ups of various type birds and body parts (like the feet) or the fact I don't have a specimen to work with  to achieve my sketching goal, I searched out copyright free photos in which I can use as models to sketch from.  This little quick sketch I managed yesterday is from Arthur's Free Biology Clip Art (Thank you, Arthur).  How accurate these are, I don't know but they sure look convincing to me; and, my goal here is to try and capture exactly as the examples show.


3 comments:

Vicky L. Williamson said...

These show incredible texture! I wouldn't want to meet up with that woodpecker --- looks lethal!

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you on your comment. I wouldn't either........any bird for that matter :-)

Unknown said...

ouch they look sharp!