Tuesday, February 15, 2011

75 Day Sketch Challenge - Days 18, 19, and 20

Day 18



Day 19

This is from viewing a live web cam that has been placed watching the nesting of a Bald Eagle.  From what I understand, she's laid three eggs.  My boss and his partner were blessed seeing this event plus they have witnessed where she has stood above turning the eggs. 

Tonight after work, the first thing I did was go to the site to see how she was doing.  Unfortunately, it was pretty dark except the white of her head close to the camera lens.  This was the direction she was facing.  

I think it's incredible the fact a camera lens has been placed where the public can view live on the internet. 




2/16/11 - Actually as of this morning, I've learned more.  It was the male eagle who turned the eggs.  Also learned the mom and dad take turns sitting in the nest.  The male is more observant and moves around more than the female from what I've been reading.  This live viewing is wonderful.  Learning how to tell the difference between the male and the female as well as how large these birds can get.  I never knew they were as large as they are.  What is nice about this is the fact you can observe all of this live and to the right is a live chat where people get a chance to ask questions and someone is moderating to answer.  
If you get a chance, go check it out.  Live - Bald Eagle in Nest


What is showing next were done on what I had handy to draw on at the time.  A plain writing tablet. The above are from my dedicated notebook for this challenge. 

This first one was where I was thinking about landscaping once Spring arrives.  I'm always thinking of things like this about this time of year.



This next one ........ I'm supposed to be dieting or trying to and had fruit on the mind. Of course I ended up going with a krispy kreme doughnut instead :-)



1 comment: