Friday, February 11, 2011

My Favorite Shoes - Ink and Wash

After seeing one of my favorite art bloggers' pen and ink results with a pair of her most comfortable shoes, I thought I'd try my hand at capturing my own favorite.  Actually Nike flip flops are my all time favorites but I wouldn't exactly  recommend for winter wear! And, if given a choice, I'd prefer to go barefoot.

Everything I seem to place on my feet any more end up causing foot cramps either while wearing them or soon after I take them off.  This is the first type of shoe I've found I can wear that doesn't cause the cramping.  Might be due to the wider toe area or maybe because it's flat with no real arch.  I'm about as flat footed as one can be and might be why I experience the cramps even with high priced footwear.  No one has been able to tell me the whys either.

If I'm not mistaken, I think the company has come out with more stylish looking crocs but not sure they would be quite as comfortable.  Might have to check out the new line this year but in the meantime, if I have to wear shoes, this is the shoe of choice.

I even have a black pair with a fuzzy lining but cause the feet to get hot so I grab these instead.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Susan you have some great sketches on here :-)