Sunday, February 6, 2011

What We Had for Breakfast - Ink and Wash

Although I'm quite enjoying the pen drawings I've been doing, I have missed the Ink and Wash.  I decided to capture in my sketch book what we had for breakfast.

We've been trying various fillings with crescent rolls.  One of our favorites is stuffing with slices of pepperoni along with cheddar and mozzarella grated cheese (we'll have to try Pepper Jack sometime).  Next time we'll probably spread a thin layer of pizza sauce for added flavor. 

For a dessert crescent, we've tried a thin layer of margerine on the dough, sprinkling mini chocolate chips, rolling, and baking.  Then when hot out of the oven, sprinkling with power sugar.  Mmmmmmmm!!!!

This morning we thought we'd try our hand using Jimmy Dean's Turkey Sausage Crumbles thawed with a little grated cheddar cheese.  Served them with scrambled eggs. 

I could really pig out on these various crescent rolls but I'm sure I'd blow up about 10 times the size I am right now!  To be deprived ........... such a shame. 



 

1 comment:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

sounds good! (and easy . . . thanks)