Wednesday, March 2, 2011

75 Day Sketch Challenge - Day 27

Ahhhhh, Spring is in the Air!

Our temps have been teetering up and down going from super cold with freezing rain and snow showers to sunny skies and low to upper 50s.

Today it hit 51 with beautiful sunny skies.  Tonight I think we're in for the frigid 20 degree temperatures but we have near 50s and sunny skies again tomorrow to look forward to.

We saw our first Robins out yesterday.  Only two but I'm sure we'll start seeing many running around the field.  The Robins are one of the most beautiful early sights letting us know that Spring is right around the corner.  Next will be all the budding and blooming Spring flowers and other vegetation.


Totally unrelated to the above, I did this sketch this evening.  I was researching seed pods and came across an article about velcro.  I did not know until this evening that the cocklebur is what inspired the invention of velcro.  I thought that was most interesting.

What I do remember of this plant is picking these awful things off the boys after running and playing in the woods or coming back from fishing.  What a pain trying to remove those embedded in socks and shoe laces.

No comments: