Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mouse in the Seed Can

We were cleaning out this metal garbage can we keep bags of bird seed in and at the bottom we found some spilled seed, a corner piece of one of the packages, part of the string to one of the seed bags and a surprise bonus with this little guy........he was adorable!  How he got in there no one knows.  The lid fits tight and we keep a cinder block on top to keep raccoons out.  Evidently or possibly he was in one of the bags of bird seed when we purchased it.  How long he's been in there is anyone's guess.  It's amazing to me too because there is no water.

This is from a photo I took looking straight down into the can.  His feet were all tucked beneath his body where you couldn't see them.  Kind of reminds me of a cute rubber mouse or one that has a wheel beneath the body that moves it across the floor.

2 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Adorable mouse and sketch. I love your pencil work Susan!

Susan Bronsak said...

I love this paper I'm using the pencil on. Just a nice light texture and I like how the pencil (on it's side) glides across.