Saturday, June 25, 2011

Preliminary Flower Sketches for Watercolor

It's been a super busy last few days.  Either I've not had the time to sit and draw or paint or what little time I had, I didn't have the energy.  Thought I'd better do something before too many more days slipped by.

This evening I did these quick preliminary pencil sketches that I hope to paint in watercolor.  They are flowers we have recently purchased for around the porch with the fuchsia hanging near the hummingbird feeders.

This is actually darker than reality in order to show on screen before taking paint to them.  Used a mechanical pencil on The Langton 140lb Cold Press paper.  Used Photoshop to darken the graphite.

1 comment:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Oh, did you do these from life!? Good girl! You've reminded me . . . I've got to do that too! Hummm, what should our next challenge be? Any ideas?