Friday, September 2, 2011

Playing with DS Granulating Pigments

Thought I would play a bit using the Daniel Smith Lunar pigments which are highly granulating pigments.  I was curious to see how they would do in the Handbook sketchbook.

The granulation did appear even on this sketching paper but not to the extent they do on watercolor paper to include Moleskine. 

This was using a Daniel Smith #4 Round travel brush wet in wet (although on this paper, the water soaks in quickly and it's more like painting wet on damp.)  I found myself dipping the brush in water after pigment was added to the paper to make it pool.

My favorite of the five examples is definitely the combination of Lunar Blue and Lunar Earth.

Note - The Green Gold is not a Lunar pigment.  I just threw that in for some added color.  :-)






1 comment:

Vicky L. Williamson said...

The coloration of these are fantastic!!!