Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New Beginnings

This is what Spring means to me.............New Beginnings; New Life

Thought I would do a 2-page spread of various buds I've come across as I walk around the house.

The lily was a mother's day gift from last year given to me by my son and his wife.  It was in a standard plastic pot and after my son built two planters for outside, I decided to put the lily in one of the planters.  I had no idea if it would survive the winter or not.  Lucky for me, it did (maybe because we had such a mild winter?).  Several of those burgundy stalks are popping through the soil.  I can't wait to see it bloom.  It was gorgeous last year and I can only imagine with the added stalks what it might look like this year.

Our small leaf rhododendrons were gorgeous when they first bloomed.  Unfortunately they were short lived due to the freeze we had the other night.

In the front yard is a single white cherry blossom tree.  What a nice surprise when it bloomed.

From what we have seen so far, there are three small dogwoods scattered around the front.  One we almost cut down sitting at the edge of our driveway we were afraid we would hit.  We had no idea what kind of tree it was until it started to bud.   Glad we delayed ......... it stays :-)

In the back are six young fruit trees.  Two peach, two apple, and two pear.  Only the peach trees bloomed.

Handmade journal of Fabriano Artistico 140 lb Cold

Daniel Smith:  Quin Rose, Sap Green, Raw Sienna, Perm Aliz, Cerulean Blue, Peryl Green, Bt Umber, Fr Ultramarine, Bt Sienna, and Cobalt Blue.

#6 and #2 Rounds

No comments: