Monday, March 12, 2012

New Planting - Watercolor Sketch

Another quick watercolor sketch capturing the 'before' planting of a forsythia bush we just purchased.  We purchased two of these shrubs to add to the landscape.  The bright yellow of the forsythia and the daffodil are absolute welcomed sites announcing Spring.

One of the biggest attractions of this shrub is it's wild look when growing.  I'm not one who likes to prune or shape trees but rather leave them to grow in their natural state.  The long reaching limbs and bright yellow flowers just seem to light up an area.  In ways helps to cheer up and warm one's overall being (at least what it does for me).

This is the completed two-pages in my book.  You will notice I did it again where I painted yesterday's blue bird on the right page and painted on the left page today.  It's a habit I can't seem to break.

This is the Handbook sketchbook that can handle various mediums.  I like the paper surface OK for painting; best for graphite work.  I'm almost finished with this book and I think I'm going to return to using the Moleskine watercolor sketchbook.  My favorite is still The Langton watercolor spiral but wish it were easily available here in the states.  The Langton Prestige is OK but I prefer the other.

No comments: