Friday, July 20, 2012

Beach Treasures - Shells

I'm sure most wish they could find these along the beach rather than having to go purchase at a gift shop....maybe in some areas there are people who actually do get lucky.

Thought I would try my hand at a simple beach scene.  The sand dollars I think are so neat!!!  I thought I'd add a little artistic license giving them color rather than the plain white or brownish tan tones.  Although you may not see it on screen, I also added a touch of these same colors to the star fish to help harmonize the overall scene.

First I sketched using a light touch with pen and ink using the Noodler's Flex pen.  (I'm still trying to discipline myself from using pencil and erasing....simply to help work on my confidence.)

Colors Used:  DS - RS, BS, BU, Cob Bl, Quin Rose, and New Gamboge.

#8 Round and for the sand and water I used a Terry Harrison Golden Wizard brush for better control on water/paint plus adding the streaks.

Still using my Handbook sketchbook (I'm 3/4th way through it :)

No comments: