Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cherry Tomatoes - Watercolor

Last exercise I did tonight playing with reds (as well as a few other colors).

I was hoping the bottom left would be a little different from the top right with the New Gamboge I used in the mix.  Didn't work out that way.

Overall I'm OK with the tomatoes but something about the shadows bug me.  Could be the color I chose; could be how I placed the shadows.  Could be I'm tired after a long day......lol

I do feel great about the fact I got some painting in today!!

2 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

I think these turned out super. Perhaps you would be happier with the shadows if there was a little more of the tomato color reflected in them? I like the way you've used gradation here.

Susan Bronsak said...

Hi Sandy......thank you for your comment. Think maybe I might play a bit with shadow color. Only once in a blue moon am I ever happy with my shadows.......lol.