Sunday, November 4, 2012

Woodland Shrooms

This watercolor sketch is from imagination using a 3/4" daVinci flat.  Was a bit tricky considering the size page (5.5 x 8.5")  I was working on but I was determined.

And of course I never do things the easier way.........the mushrooms were painted first and then I had to work the background around them.  I just hate to use masking for one thing but the main reason is that I really didn't know where I was going with this.  I just worked the scene around the mushrooms.


This shows the two pages together in my Stillman & Birn Beta journal.  Although it wasn't planned as such, the two pages  together actually work out quite nicely.............guy hiking through the woods across rocky terrain and coming across the mushrooms on the forest floor (grin).


No comments: