Friday, January 4, 2013

Primary Daily Staple - Vegetables

After days/weeks of straight pen and ink, I was in need of some color so I broke out my palette and brush.

As my subject, I decided to go with what I'm having to eat as my main stay diet.......Veggies.

What's not included on this page are jalapeno peppers and cauliflower (my substitute for potatoes).  Some days I might have green beans or a leafy salad but these vegetables make up the bulk of our daily meals.  As for meat, we stick with a lot of ground turkey, chicken, fish and little red meat or pork.

These were done in the Stillman & Birn Beta journal painting with Daniel Smith pigments first and then Pen and Ink using the Pilot Prera and Lexington gray ink.

Colors Used:  Aureolin, New Gamboge, Raw Sienna, Fr Ultramarine, Sap Green, Aliz Crimson, Perm Red, and Bt Umber.

Brushes used:  3/8" Angular Flat and #8 Round

What a sight for sore eyes after staring at gray cold days and working with black and white for so long.  For me this is definitely therapeutic.  


No comments: