Monday, July 22, 2013

Rainier Cherries - YUM

These are the best cherries I've ever had and look forward to them being in season each year.

I find regular fresh cherries to be ... hmmmm, not really sure how to describe it.  The Rainier just seems to have a perfect balance between sweet/tart and a wonderful flavor!

Sketched these as I was eating a handful early hours of the morning.  One of those nights where I just couldn't sleep.


Stillman & Birn 4x6 Alpha journal

Dip Pen with Noodlers #41 Brown ink for lettering only.

#8 Round and 3/8" Angular Flat

Daniel Smith:  Cobalt Blue, Bt Sienna, Bt Umber, touch of Indigo for brown mix, New Gamboge, Perm Aliz, and Perm Red.


6 comments:

larry said...

From the subject to the border, this is eye candy, Susan. Yummy!

Susan Bronsak said...

Thanks Larry!! :-))

Kay said...

Your cherries look delicious enough to eat. So pretty. I haven't tried the Alpha series, but just bought the Zeta Journal.

Sandy Sandy Art said...

I agree yummy!

Susan Bronsak said...

Kay......I bounce around between the various series. Just depends on what's closest to me or available to grab :-) Thank you for your comment.

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you Sandy!!! Ohhh this year we're seeing the most hummingbirds we've ever seen around here. Going through sugar water like crazy!!!! Love it!!!! :-)