Sunday, September 8, 2013

I love illustrating

Here are two more sketches I worked on........

This first is in the Generic 9 x 12 sketchbook using the Pilot Prera w/Lexington Gray ink going back over some areas with the slighter larger nib on the TWSBI same ink.



Yesterday afternoon and evening I worked on these utility knives starting with the left page.  The handle is using the Blue Stabilo 88 pen hatching and cross hatching.  No wash was done to this.  Hatching is in all directions first with vertical lines, horizontal lines and then diagonal in both directions.  The shadow was created with the Pilot Prera and Lexington Gray ink.

The right page is using the Uniball UM 151 Brown Black gel pen for the wood part of the knives (which I failed to note in my journal) and the Pilot Prera with Lexington Gray ink.  I applied a light Bt Sienna watercolor wash over the hatching/cross hatching to give the handles a little more red tone.

I went over some areas with the TWSBI and Lexington Gray to emphasize some lines.

With the small hatch marks I use and the Pilot Prera with the gray ink, the results are almost like graphite.  I really like that pen!!!!
 

No comments: