Monday, October 28, 2013

Miniature Snow Lady

Back in February of 2010, during a snow storm, I built a miniature snow lady from the snow collecting on our front porch table.  I was just messing around playing with the snow when I decided I wanted to really dress her up.  Went to my craft cabinet and found the accessories as you see in the illustrations.

Within a day or so after the snow storm, I decided to capture on paper using pen and ink and watercolor.

Here's the first I did a few years ago........being a bit creative adding the paper and the paint brush.



Tonight I decided I wanted to revisit and using a different photo shot, worked another sketch using pen and ink and inktense pencils - dry.  This was done in the Moleskine Sketchbook.  

I chose to not take water to the inktense as I liked the texture it created dry..........especially with the cloak made out of felt.  And I'm finding dry medium definitely works better in this sketchbook.





No comments: