Sunday, October 20, 2013

More in the Moleskine Sketchbook

As I work in the Moleskine Sketchbook, I'm learning how to get around the beading applying watercolor to the pages.  The biggest negative I see is bleeding through to the other side of the page.

If I pre-wet the area I want to add color to, it helps break down the waxy like surface but opens one up to ruining the page after or before.  Dry brushing is probably the best way to go with this particular sketchbook should one wish to add a bit of watercolor.

The paper surface handles pen and ink beautifully.  Even the water soluble ink with a damp wash works out well as long as the brush isn't too wet.

Another thing I've noticed is that the left page beads more readily than the right page.  I had to "break down" the waxy surface for the leaf and it bled through on the page with the pine cone.





No comments: