Monday, November 4, 2013

Another of My Christmas Cactus

Tonight I chose to capture the red and white Christmas Cactus I have.  The blossoms are a tad bit different from the pinks and the whites.  Also produces smaller flowers.

With this one I showed a flower blossom completely opened right side up as it hangs naturally and included the underside as well.  The right page is one that is getting ready to "spread its wings."

Worked in the Moleskine Watercolor sketchbook using my Pilot Prera with Lexington Gray ink and Abrecht Durer watercolor pencils.  I only used four colors........Red, Orange, Light Green, and a Dark Green.

Scanned dry and then after taking a damp brush.......Not sure which I like better.  Before the damp brush was taken to it, the red showed deeper and I like the little bit of texture. 


No comments: