Thursday, December 12, 2013

My Mom's House - Memory Keepsake

This was sketched on the very last page that's part of the back to my large Alpha journal. It's my mom's house in Florida she just sold after living there about 22 years. Mom lost her sister and her husband within a year of each other (Joe passing Feb 2012) leaving her alone with no immediate family near her. My brother had an addition added to his house and he and my husband moved her up here to West Virginia this past September.

What inspired me to do this sketch was learning the house just sold.


This was definitely worked with mixed emotions. Emphasis was placed on the house itself with only a suggestion of its surroundings.


Worked with the Pilot Prera and Lexington Gray ink.


I debated adding color to it but think I prefer to keep it as is. If I were to add any color, it would only be a subtle wash of light blue on the outer walls of the house. I'm not even sure how that back page will take watercolor.

No comments: