Thursday, January 9, 2014

Daily Sketches Jan 6 - 9th

It's bad when your days seem to just fly by.  Here I am again trying to play catch-up.....

This first is practicing people again.  There is a site that offers free pdf downloads of various things one can practice learning pen and ink plus watercolor.  This illustration is from the pdf about people. 

My favorite on this is how the color mingled on the dog. 



A little step by step with the first in graphite using a mechanical pencil.  Second is where I took pen and ink to the hummingbird only and dabbing my kneaded eraser over the lines of the leaves pushing them back a bit further.

I could have painted the leaves but my page is about the hummingbird so I've decided not to.  There is a slight blue to signify the little down feathers closes to the body and I feared painting the leaves would take away from that.




This page is about my fixing one of my Pilot Preras where I was having a time with it skipping.  Upon close examination, I found the tines were off so after viewing a video on how to re-align the tines, I decided to give it a go.  And it worked!!  In fact I worked this page with the fixed pen.



And this page represents one of our all time favorite snacks.....Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Peppers



All were done in my Stillman & Birn Zeta journal.

No comments: