Thursday, April 3, 2014

No Sew Folding Journal

This post is sharing a video by Cathy Johnson on making a no-sew quick folding accordion journal and what I did with my first attempt.

Cathy Johnson's youtube video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CffQyRdTDUc&feature=youtu.be

I used a sheet of A3 Cartridge paper following Cathy's video on folding.  Then decided to use this little journal for recording my Faber Castell Albrecht Durer watercolor pencils.  I chose not to add a cover but instead used the front as title page and colored it with one of my favorite combination of primaries.

First of several pages I played with the various primary colors I have in the set.  Then a page (or two) for each color I have so far.  I also included the "language of color" or what each color can mean to people.

This was a lot of fun and next I will probably dig out some of my sheets of Fabriano Artistico 140lb Cold Press paper to make additional journals.






Sample of a few of my Pages






No comments: