Monday, June 16, 2014

Some of My Pencils and Related

After working two pages sharing most of my pens, I just had to include a page in my journal with some of my favorite or most used pencils.  This by no means comes close to the number I have on hand between graphite to color pencils to watercolor pencils.

This is the third page in my S&B Beta journal using pen and ink plus Daniel Smith watercolors.

The pen work is using a Micron 005.  Also used a Sharpie Extra Fine white marker pen (water based).  The Sharpie was used for lettering and I think I had as much fun putting the lettering in to look as it does as I did the entire page.

From left to right........

Staedtler Pencils - I have an entire set ranging from 6H to 8B.  Normally I use the B range but now and then I might use one of the H grades.

Derwent Water Soluble Graphite - On hand I have Light Wash (HB), Medium Wash (4B), and the Dark Wash (8B).  Most often used dry.

Derwent Watercolour Pencils (Blue Gray) - This one I use sometimes when putting in a light sketch before painting.  Being a watercolor pencil, it dissolves.  The idea comes from Cathy Johnson :-)

Derwent Graphic - I have a range of these pencils as well.

Gold Pencil Sharpener - this is a neat sharpener you can change out blades easily.

Silver Pencil Sharpener - This cuts beautifully and works well with the slimmer pencils.  A friend in the UK sent me several of these.

Putty/Rubber Eraser - My #1 favorite eraser and what I use most.

Plastic Eraser - I seldom use this type eraser as I fear it messing up the paper.

Staedtler 925 07 and 08 - I picked two pencils up like this when visiting a framing shop in North Carolina with my mother-in-law.  They are thin mechanical pencils and a joy to use.

Twist Erase - My #1 favorite mechanical pencil.  I have three - 05, 07, and 09.  For me the rubber barrels helps when I struggle with arthritis in my hand.



No comments: