Monday, July 14, 2014

Plant Pot Picks

Plant Pot Picks..................try to say that fast three times.  I for one stumble by the third time saying Plot instead of Pot  :-)

Trying to decide what I wanted to sketch today, one of my plants with this plant pick captured my attention. 

Worked in the Handbook journal first sketching in pencil, adding watercolor, and then the pen and ink using a Micron 005.  Watercolors used were MairmeriBlu.

Here are the steps I took:

Used a mechanical pencil for the initial sketch....




Wasn't satisfied with the balance so added a couple more leaf segments to the right as you view it....



Next I painted everything starting with the bee.  I started to add the pen and ink before realizing I wanted to scan before doing so....



And finally, here is the results with pen and ink detailing everything.


No comments: