Friday, October 17, 2014

QoR Color Charts on Two Different Paper Surfaces

I've been playing lately with these new Golden QoR Watercolors to include making charts on different paper.

The bulk of these pigments are staining to some degree.......more so than I have found in other brands, but really beautiful colors.  I like how they reactivate with water after allowing to fully dry in the palette.  I like how they seem to explode when dropped in an area that has been pre-wet with water.  And, I like how they blend.  As for how much more vibrant they may be on paper due to their "exclusive" binding properties, I haven't been able to make up my mind when comparing with my other brands on hand.

These following were done in the Stillman & Birn Beta watercolor sketchbook.




These were the first charts I did using the Strathmore Visual Journal with 140 lb cold press watercolor paper.








1 comment:

Alias evades me said...

I just adore your color charts! I order a QoR 24 set a couple of days before I was hospitalized due to a mild stroke. Your swatch charts are bringing me a lot of joy since it will be a while before I get to swatch my own set.