Saturday, October 31, 2015

Late Night Sketching

While watching TV, I worked a couple of pages in my handbook journal.  Just some simple graphite sketches practicing the quick sketching method and getting my shapes as close as possible.

The one thing I'm struggling with...........or maybe a better way to put it............I just have not been able to do mentally or visually yet............is seeing the entire silhouette shape of the subject capturing it first and then going back to put in the details.

I see shapes better now but only in sections.  If I could visually see an entire silhouette, I might do better in placement on my journal pages.  I'm known to misjudge and run off the paper's edge with my subjects.  Sometimes that works out just fine but other times, not so.

Mechanical .05 pencil in the Handbook



No comments: