Sunday, November 15, 2015

Graphite Snow Person

After playing a bit with the various grades of the Staedtler pencils, I chose to stick with these three - H, 2B, and 6B to work on a more serious drawing.

One of my favorite Christmas decorations happen to be plush snow people and I tend to collect at least a couple each year as I come across ones I like.

This one I picked up from Hobby Lobby a week ago.  Love the hat and material used for the body!

I started out with the H pencil with the initial sketch.  Then I started using the 2B which was used for most of the drawing.  The 6B was used in select areas for a deeper value.  Also used a paper stump to blend and putty eraser to lift areas as I worked.

Although the Zeta paper is smooth, I really enjoy using it for graphite.  It blends beautifully with a paper stump and makes lifting with the putty eraser a bit easier.  The rosy cheeks are Albrecht Durer Watercolor pencil used dry.



2 comments:

SusanA said...

I love your graphite snow person! My mom collects these, too, and I can almost feel the softness in your drawing.

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you so much, Susan! :-)