Friday, January 29, 2016

Gold Dipped and Enamel Roses

Like many women, I love roses but so disappointed in the fact fresh roses don't last.  If given a preference, I'd rather have other type flowers like mums and daisies that last several days (if not longer).  My husband knowing how I felt, wanting to give me roses but knowing how I felt about fresh cut, found a solution.  They last forever :-)

This is a sketch of these gold dipped and enamel roses my husband presented me with 15 years ago.  It's amazing to me how something so fragile can be preserved in this manner and last as they have.

First worked the pencil sketch and was going to leave it at that but then yesterday decided to erase some of the pencil marks in shading and add watercolor.

Stillman & Birn Zeta / Mechanical Pencil / Uniball pens / Daniel Smith Watercolors



No comments: