Saturday, October 22, 2016

2016 Inktober Challenge - Day 22

With this one I just started sketching one of the flowers in a small arrangement sitting on my desk.  I really had no plan.

The small flower arrangement replaces (almost identical) a live arrangement Terry gifted me with and of course started fading after several days.  I was fortunate to find a little artificial group at Hobby Lobby that had same type of flowers and even the coloring or close to it.

Getting back to the sketch, I started out with one of the daisies.  Then added partials of two others.  I didn't want to include leaves as they are too far down in the arrangement to look right at the angle I was sketching the daisies.  I sat for awhile trying to decide what to do as the little grouping I was working on was smack dab center of my journal page.

I added some dark scribbling to suggest a darker type flower mixed in.  Still wasn't satisfied so I added more partial daisies trying to work my way to the right of the page (as you view it).  When I sat back and looked, it looked too boxy for my liking.  I could have added another daisy up top but I wanted to maintain an odd number............so again, I had to sit and think where do I want to go from here and how do I go about it.

Finally I finished the page and this is what I chose to do to finish it off....

Plat Carbon desk pen





5 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Susan have enjoyed seeing your Inktober sketches. These daisies are so neat. Hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for sharing.

SusanA said...

I think you balanced the page well. It's pleasing to my eye anyway!

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you so much Debbie!!! Truly appreciate it. Hope you had a wonderful weekend as well :-)

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you Susan!!! I appreciate the encouragement :-)

Mary McLaughlin said...

I've really been enjoying your ink sketches this month. Especially love Day 22 with photos showing the progression of your design. Love what you did with the lettering and how you incorporated it into the flowers. Thanks for your sharing! Inspiring and instructive.