Sunday, October 16, 2016

2016 Inktober Day 15 Plus Bonus Experience

Yesterday was a fantastic day for me.  I was invited to be a part of a sketchcrawl in The Villages here in Florida.  My first experience too and it was a blast!!!!

Two people I knew but hadn't seen in awhile plus I met some of the nicest people in the remaining group.  I'm not exactly sure just how many were there but I'm thinking maybe around 18 trying to remember the two tables we took up when meeting up for lunch.

We met up at 8:30 in the morning walking around sketching what ever grabbed our attention.  The area of The Villages we met up at is of a Western theme which I thought was really cool.  On top of that, there was a farmers' market going on with all these canopies set up around the plaza area.

At 11:30 we met at one of the restaurants for lunch and to share our sketches and discuss future get togethers.  I was having such a great time, I hated to see it end.  BUT, we will be doing this again and I so look forward to it.

One thing I learned very quickly, I am S-U-P-E-R slow at sketching.  When at home I really don't think much about how fast or slow I'm working in my sketchbook.  Although now and then I'll challenge myself to quick sketches.  Anyways.....I took notice how several had two or three ink and watercolor sketches to my initial pencil sketch I still needed to ink and add color to.  I made it part way through the inking process but decided to stop and finish at home.  I also wanted to work in my ink only sketch for the Inktober challenge.

Here is the Inktober Day 15 Sketch: - These were two of the ladies I met who were sketching across from where I was sitting.


I was so tired when I got home from all the walking and excitement but determined to finish the page I had started while on site.  I only wish I had scanned the page after I went over in pen and ink before adding color to compare with the color version.  Oh well.....next time.


It was a goooooooooood day!!!  :-)

No comments: