Sunday, October 2, 2016

Inktober 2016 - Days 1 and 2

Intober is a yearly global challenge where artists from around the world work an ink sketch each day during the month of October.  For more information, here is a direct link telling more about it.

This year I thought I would attempt it although I normally don't stick with challenges for too long and definitely not those with prompts.  Inktober has daily prompts but are optional for those who might wish to have them for ideas.  With me.........a subject has to grab me before I feel I can sketch it so prompts are out.

Here is Day 1 and Day 2.  I am using a Platinum Carbon desk pen and Lexington Gray ink.  I've chosen to use a small 3 x 4 inch leather handmade sketchbook that was gifted to me.



Day 1 - This garlic bulb was sitting on my kitchen counter and thought I'd sketch it before we tore it apart.  A few cloves have started to sprout so we might attempt to grow them.  The others we'll use.  We normally just use garlic salt or garlic powder for seasoning.  A time or two we bought jarred minced garlic.  For some reason Terry decided to buy the fresh which gave me a perfect first specimen to sketch.



 Day 2 - This little fabric doll came with a porcelain Native American doll Terry gave me many years ago as a Christmas gift.  Terry is part Wantun (if I'm spelling it right).....a small tribe out of California.  His native american heritage is from his father's side.

No comments: