Friday, February 24, 2017

Sketch Crawl - Simon Seed and Garden Center

Yesterday several met up at Simons Seed in Leesburg to sit and sketch for a few hours.  Most of the folks were from the Leesburg Art League / Leesburg Art Association with a few of us from Lines and Puddles (group out of The Villages)

The owners of this establishment were very accommodating and have no problem with folks coming to sketch or paint or even take photos to work from.  Inside you'll find various garden supplies and lots of seed displayed in various locations.  Outside is a covered porch where caged birds (like the Macaw) spend their time as well as many gorgeous plants and flowers you can purchase.  Off and surrpounding the porch is a beautiful landscaped area including a little pond, potted plants you can purchase, a few old time pieces of equipment, and even a chicken coup with a few chickens inside.  A nice quiet and relaxing atmosphere to set up and work your art.

While others were seated or walking around sketching, I took photos.  Although I had my sketching gear with me in the car, it was just one of those days I preferred to take photos, go home, and start working in my journal.  I hope to do a few more after this one.

For my first page or two, I decided to document one of the main sources of what this shop is all about..........seed.

Hand Sewn Journal / Fabriano Art wc paper
Lamy Safari / LG ink


No comments: