Thursday, April 6, 2017

Sketchcrawl - Brownwood Paddock Square, The Villages

Early this morning it was uncertain if this would even take place due to storms.  Through the early morning hours, heavy thunderstorms rolled through our area to include a tornado watch that alert on my phone woke me up after only 3 hours of falling asleep.

According to the weather radar, future prediction was showing the storms moving off to the east so I prepared to go even if it meant just sitting in the car and sketching.

Scheduled time of us getting together was 9:30 a.m.; however, I was there before 9 a.m.  It was still sprinkling when I left my area to make the 30 minutes drive.  I pulled into a parking space and the sun was shining promising to be a really nice day....although a bit windy.

When I first arrived on location, there were not many folks around which was nice in finding a parking spot close to the meeting spot.  I sat in the car on the passenger side and started sketching one of the shops around the square.  Slowly one by one cars were starting to fill the empty spots and blocking my view to finish what I had started.

At first I wasn't sure if anyone else from the group was going to show but then saw one lady walking across the square with easel and bag.  One of the cars that pulled in blocking my view was another member of our group......Al.  He motioned to me asking if I was sketching (we're all still kind of new to one another) and we spoke a few minutes before he started walking over to the bleachers where we were suppose to meet up.

Then I saw a couple more ladies and I headed over.

Today's total head count was six members with Gail, Al, another Susan, Jeanne, Jack, and myself.  We figure the early morning bad weather had made several decide not to come.  Although only six, we had a great time sketching and painting with three of us meeting for lunch before returning home.

Stillman & Birn Beta
Lamy Safari with Lexington Gray Ink
Watercolor




No comments: