Thursday, June 29, 2017

75 Day Challenge - Day 33

Normally I shy away from the wetter feeding nibbed pens but here lately have been trying to learn to work with them.

This is a perfect example when the wetter feed comes in handy............when dealing with a lot of dark or in this case black.

I decided to sketch my Edison Beaumont fountain pen that has a black body with flecks of various golds throughout.  The wet feed made it much easier to fill in with the broader hatch marks.

With the Namiki Falcon, I sketched the pen and outlined the flecks in the body and cap.  Then filled in the black around the flecks.  Then I used my Lamy Safari with the dryer feed......holding the nib upside down for an even finer line, and worked the lighter shading on the flecks and metal parts of the pen.

I really enjoyed doing this and for a change didn't feel nervous jumping in with pen and ink.

Stillman & Birn Beta 3.5 x 5.5 journal


No comments: