Saturday, June 10, 2017

75 Day Ink Challenge - Days 11-17

Not only am I gaining more experience jumping in with pen and ink only, I am really getting to know my favorite fountain pens and what I might be able to do with them as far as line strength and coverage with the paper surface.  I this case (so far) Stillman & Birn Beta.

I'm learning that for better control in line strength, my Lamy Safari is the easiest to go from light to dark just by how much pressure I apply when making my line strokes.  It has a dryer feed compared to my other fountain pens with the Platinum Carbon desk pen coming close with it's super fine nib.  And the other thing I'm learning is that I feel less intimidated going straight in with pen and ink if I use the Lamy Safari.  With light pressure, I can lay down a super light line and if I'm off, chances are it will be easy to hide with stronger pen pressure or shading.  Can't do that as easily with the wetter feeds or larger nibs.








No comments: