Saturday, November 18, 2017

Opal from Logo Design to the Real Deal

For those who know me and follow my blog, Opal is a miniature bear I often use as a model for sketching and painting.

After I worked a possible sketchers' group logo, I wanted to find a way to actually dress this little bear wearing a hat and backpack.



A dear lady (Steph) at "In a Nutshell Miniatures" shop in Tavares, Florida, specializes in miniatures from doll houses to furniture to accessories and food.  When I mentioned what I was hoping to do, she had me come by the shop and we worked on making my wish happen.  I sat across from her as we looked at various fabrics and she created the miniature backpack and dressed up a miniature raffia hat.

I also bought a miniature composition book, plain journal book and pencil to the scale I needed but haven't quite figured out how I want to attach without making it permanent with glue.




No comments: