Sunday, February 25, 2018

Another from the Trout Lake Nature Center

This is one from the case of moths and butterflies.  I believe it's called a White-lined Spinx.  This particular one just jumped out at me due to the contrast in colors and pattern.  Although it's not showing here, some have areas of pink.  Maybe this one didn't because it was dried.  Another reason I like this particular moth is that I've seen them often around the house.  I just think they are so neat and amazed by the size I've seen.

Decided this time to hold off adding ink.  I might add it later.

Stillman & Birn Beta 3.5 x 5.5 journal

The scan is showing the lighter color a bit more yellow than it should.  The pigment used is Buff Titanium (Daniel Smith) and is more of a light tan or dark off white.  Other colors used are Bt Umber, Bt Sienna, and touch of Paynes Gray.


1 comment:

Ginny Stiles said...

I haven't been out to the center for eons.
What's fun is that it not really weather sensitive as you can work inside!!!
I wonder how many showed up?