Saturday, February 3, 2018

Digital Scratch Art - ZenDoodles

Similar to scratch art, one can produce drawings and even zendoodles and tangles with a similar method using a digital art app.  In my case, Procreate.

First I created a layer with random colors completely covering the layer leaving no white areas.

Then I created another layer on top and filled in with black.

My "scratching" tool is the eraser tool and work my tangles on the black layer.  As I erase, the colors from the layer beneath show through.

Scratch Art without the mess of scraping paint or clay :-)






1 comment:

Ginny Stiles said...

Wow...so cool.
Sorry to miss the sketching today but frankly I was cold.
And there was NO sunshine by 2 pm. I dislike sketching under cloud cover.
I just could not make myself go.
I made a cup of tea and read my book.
I took a nap.
I listened to music...I cleaned my studio.
I had a happy afternoon. I wanted to be sketching...but hey.