Monday, March 12, 2018

Our Sketch Group's Lunch at Eaton's Beach Sandbar and Grill

This was done in the Strathmore Visual Watercolor sketchbook.  A lot of people I know do not care for the paper in this sketchbook.  I, on the other hand, love it for how I work.  Even the back side of the pages work fine for me whereas for others, some say they have trouble with beading.  Maybe it's how I prewet the areas first working wet in wet as I don't appear to have that problem.

It's funny but it took several times looking at this "thing" to figure out just what it was.  Just looked like this brown elongated blob sitting on top of a rock structure.  FINALLY I was able to see it was an alligator's head.

It sits out front of the restaurant.  What caught my attention most were the signs

Ink - Micron 01.  Watercolor first and then went in with pen and ink.


No comments: