Saturday, March 10, 2018

The Granddaughters

While still fresh with all the people practice I've done this past week, I decided to try more formal drawings of my two granddaughters.

My favorite part in drawing both ladies was the hair and their smiles :-)

As I critique my own results, I find I need more work in the shading.  Shading to me makes or breaks achieving likeness in people as it helps shape the face giving it the uniqueness of the individual (if that makes sense).

This first is my 15 year old granddaughter, Madison.  This one was a bit tricky due to the angle of her head and getting the facial features angled correctly with the face.


And this is the youngest (age 12), Morgan.  She was a little easier for me to do for some reason.  I didn't have to do as much erasing as I did with Madison's.  







No comments: